Sunday, June 13, 2021

Slow stitching Sunday

 I have been doing a little slow stitching and making progress on my Harmony quilt. I figured I'd concentrate on getting one 28 inch block done for the link up through the end of the month. I got the first set of steps sewn into the corner blocks. This is a pretty neat pattern laid out just like this though!



I'm working on the second to last parts - one more seam on this set and then I prep some flying geese for the last step. They will go in the middle and connect to the square in a square center. 

I'm hoping to be adding some binding stitching tonight as well. The graduation quilt is pinned and will get some straight line machine quilting today and the binding sewn to the top for hand stitching to the back this week. He graduated yesterday and it will get delivered in person in a few weeks when I am up in Vermont. I think it is around 66x88! 


Hubby pulled out some cocoa beans and made some chocolate this week. It does make the house smell wonderfully like chocolate! He was tempering it yesterday and this bar looks pretty good. I'll have to give it a taste test later today.

Linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Stitchers.

12 comments:

Little Penpen said...

He made is own chocolate? I’m impressed!! I love the red and white quilt block.

Ivani said...

Graduation quilt is so pretty, and you are making great progress on Harmony.
That chocolate bar looks delicious and I can imagine the chocolate smell all around your house. Yummy!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love that photo of the blocks marked, pinned and ready to hand stitch! Enjoy your stitching and chocolate eating today!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Harmony is looking good! Don't those four corner blocks make a neat design all on their own? Good for you, getting the borders on the graduation quilt, too! It's a great design. Enjoy that chocolate - it does look good! Tell your hubby that your quilty friends are very impressed that he makes chocolate!

Angie said...

The graduation quilt is looking good - that was a quick project!

Julierose said...

You did a super job on that graduation quilt--great colors and pattern...nice work..hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Your Harmony quilt blocks are pretty and look like they are coming together nicely--
I am working on hand quilting mine -I try to work on it alittle each evening--
I used to live over a chocolate shop for 6 years when I lived in NY--and that shop is the reason I started liking dark chocolate over milk chocolate--I miss those days in a way!!!!
stay safe and dry--hugs, di

Karrin Hurd said...

Your Harmony quilt is looking great. That chocolate looks delicious! Hope you have a great week!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love the graduation quilt! The Harmony block looks great so far. ~Jeanne

Kim said...

A house with the smell of chocolate wafting through it....yum! Love that Harmony block and the graduation quilt is going to look fabulous when finished. Enjoy your quilting.

a good yarn said...

That’s an interesting block and some sew stitching is always a pleasant way way to spend some time.

Miaismine said...

Your Disappearing Nine Patch is perfect for a young man! Love those colors! That chocolate looks delicious!