Sunday, June 6, 2021

A little Sunday Slow Stitching

 I spent the morning digging in the pile of purple scraps and tracing out the wings for Erin's Butterfly. I need 20 of them and found a good variety in my scraps. I stitched them together on the machine and then will hand stitch the inner circle part and then baste the seam allowance down all around so it will be all set for applique to a background at some point in the future. 


I'm doing these with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge but it looks like I missed green (there is another green month I think so I'll add that one then) and last month's red was missed. I might pull out the reds and prep that today as well. While I am thinking of that, I'll stitch the inner purple onto the wings.



Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers. 

9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a lovely RSC project! So many pretty scraps!
Also love the photo in your blog header!

Julierose said...

What a lovely project--great butterfly wings!! So inspiring...love that purple one especially...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is going to be cute!

Kim said...

Your 'dresden' butterflies are so pretty.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love the purples! Hope you have a great week!

Jenny said...

Lovely butterflies! Which reminds me, I have butterfly blocks from last years RSC, waiting to be stitched Into to a quilt top.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty purples for your butterflies! You do have a nice variety for a block like that!

Miaismine said...

What a great project to use up scraps! Such a lovely and unique butterfly pattern as well!

a good yarn said...

That’s a terrific project for RSC and using up scraps.