Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June OMG

 


My daughter snapped this photo of the 24 blocks for the graduation quilt last night. I started with 5 inch squares so the 'finished' block of 4 is bigger than my 12.5 inch ruler! This is a disappearing nine patch done in white, black and red for my nephew. I plan to deliver this in person at the end of this month when we fly up to Vermont.... so it does need to get completed this month into a twin size quilt for gifting! That is my OMG for June finish the top, quilt and bind it for delivery. There will be a small red inner border and a larger blackish outer border. My daughter is tasked with making the pillow to gift it in - she is pretty good at making the pillow cases. She has been doing all the pressing for this quilt while I sewed it this past week. Not bad for a 12 year old helper!
Linking up with the June OMG.

6 comments:

Moneik said...

Looks great. I love that she helps you. Mikaela isn't quite there yet.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is great that she is learning how to quilt and sew

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks good! I think you can get it done - especially with such a good helper!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yay for a helper! Best of luck on attaining your OMG. No worries... You've GOT this!

Julierose said...

What a wonderful helper!! Kudos Emily!!
Very pretty top nice work hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Great OMG project. It is looking so pretty . Looking forward to seeing the quilt finished. Happy quilting.