Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Tuesday mail....

 Well, it was really Monday mail! When I checked the mailbox there were 3 packages - 2 for me and 1 for hubby... but was actually for me! 

Hubby ordered an Amazon Fire Stick for the living room tv so I can watch HBO Max (all my harry potter movies - on #7 - 1st one now!) in the living room with my ott light in the recliner. 

This one - Ollie -  after 4+ years has decided he might become a lap cat for little bits of time! He jumped up on my lap while hubby was setting up the Fire stick yesterday. This was this morning before the bully Peanut chased him away. 

The other 2 packages - I ordered some hand quilting thread from Red Rock Threads. I was almost out of the YLI Natural I was using on the cat and mouse quilt (got taken for the hexagons!) so needed more. I also grabbed a purple Superior Thread and YLI - Ecru and light brown YLI. I also got basting needles - since I'd like to thread baste a few smaller quilts and not tie up my pins. 



Package #2 for me was a nice Thank You for the Hands2Help! Complete Surprise in this package. A Moda charm pack, matching fabrics and some Cupcake cards with a hand signed Thank you note!


In other workings - I'm all caught up on the Hexagon QAYG and all purples for the month are prepped and ready to go. 


I prepped the last 2 steps of my next Harmony block and just need to unstitch that twisted triangle in tan and make the seams a little smaller to get the correct size. I found the tri recs ruler works for cutting the triangle in a square and the flying geese ruler works for the geese. Makes prepping so much easier. 2 more blocks to cut and prep later today....unfortunately it will involve templates since I had not cut that twisted triangle unit for the last 2 blocks yet.

Small progress made on the graduation quilt binding - I hope to finish the first side today. It is a big quilt!





2 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You got some great mail, Deb! We have a Fire Stick, too - it helps us get all kinds of streaming services on our older TV. I haven't tried YLI thread - do you use it a lot for hand quilting? Fun prize from Sarah, too! It's always a treat to get new fabric!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lucky you, Deb!!!