Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Wednesday.....

I have been trying to think of different meals or things we have not had in a few weeks. Yes, we are sick of the same old things... although some of the big meals might get pulled from the freezer from the last couple of weekends  for lunch options (pork carnitas, pulled pork, beef brisket).   I did have to pop out to grab some things from the store - on Tuesday after work. Emily had picked her carrots from the garden and decided she was going to make home made carrot cake. We needed a few ingredients. 

Tuesday night I made Mexican Chicken and Rice Skillet. It is a nice and quick one - done in under 30 minutes and everyone loves it. 

I had a thought of egg roll in a bowl so I picked up a package of ground pork. It was a 2 pound package so half will get sealed and frozen for a future meal (another of this or meatloaf). I picked up a head of cabbage and really, there is not too much else in that recipe except a little garlic and ginger which I have in the fridge in a squeeze tube.

Emily mentioned Santa Fe Rolls or southwestern egg rolls. Hmmm. We have not had them in a while either and I did see a jalapeno in the crisper, there were some leftover chicken tenders I can cook up from tonights meal. Cans of corn and beans and some spinach and peppers in the crisper. I neglected to get the egg roll wrappers though.... so might have to pop out and grab those. That is another one everyone loves so into the meal plan for the week it goes. 

That's a few of the quick meals on tap at my house this week. I'm trying to be good and mix in more veggies so made a batch of tatziki and a batch of red pepper hummus for dipping veggies into for snacks. I also got some broccoli to go with the cauliflower I had and will make a small salad with them and the rest will get roasted up in the oven. Emily does love her roasted cauliflower. That will probably fall on Friday.... assuming the kids are feeling ok after shot #2 on Thursday.



5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have the same problem when we are at home and on vacation - I have a kitchen to cook in so don't want to eat out every day but it is 90-95 degrees here where we are staying and the sun is beastly hot - no A/C so cooling the house off at night which gets it down good with the curtains drawn to keep the heat of the day so don't want to be cooking a lot either!

Julierose said...

Those recipes sound excellent--I am always searching for something new that my husband can eat with his digestive problems...;000
We are getting sprayed outside for a BIG WASP problem...so all closed up...
hugs (sheltering in my sewing room as I type!!) Hugs, Julierose

Florida Farm Girl said...

I'm all about quick and easy meals too. I am SO over meal planning and cooking these days. My local restaurant took their southwestern rolls off their menu, along with their southwestern salad. BUMMER! Now that there's the idea, I might just have most everything to make southwestern rolls for dinner. I'll have to check. Thanks for the idea!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like a whole lot of YUM!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You always have great meal ideas! I still need to try the egg roll in a bowl. That sounds like something we would like!