Thursday, September 21, 2023

Anniversary and a finish!

17 years ago today, we said ' I do'. I never wanted a big wedding and Greg was good with us eloping! So, we booked a vacation with Sandals in St. Lucia and they threw in a wedding if you stayed for 7 days! 


We dropped the kids off to school and then headed over to see my FIL Tom in the hospital. He is looking good and the infection is clearing up - the white blood cell count is much better than it was. We did get a call later that they will do another surgery to remove more of the bits from the kidney. He was in good spirits and no pain. 

I let the chickens out while I cleaned and filled their waters. After I got them back in, the dog needed to go out and sniff all around where they were hanging out. I added the finishing stitches into the Frosty's today!


While Bear was sleeping on the couch.



Here is the finished quilt hanging up in the dining room for a photo. I really need to find the 'fall' quilts and put them up. 
I went in to look for the fall quilts and the boys thought they needed some attention. Peanut is closest and Ollie is on the end of the bed. 


Time to go pick up the first kid from school. 



 

4 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Anniversary

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great picture of you two - sounds like a fun wedding. Great finish on the Frosties, too - such a fun project!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy anniversary! we just went to the court house to get married 51 years ago and didn't do cake or flowers or anything - I was in a mini and Mike in jeans

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad your FIL is doing better. ~Jeanne