Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Fixing a quilt

 I was over at a girl scout volunteers house last week and she showed me a quilt she has that needs repair. She loves pigs. It was done by her favorite aunt, who has since passed. It looks like the fabric on that one block has shredded.


 I think a box of the black appliqued on top should work to fix it.


I did some measuring and pinned a fix to it on Sunday. I have yet to stitch it down... I want to get the frosty's done first. I might need to adjust the size just a bit, although I know with needle turn applique I can make this one work. I did press about 1/4 an inch in but it got undone when I pinned it. Well, the iron was not as hot as it could have been either! I hope to have this done by September 20 so I can hand it off at my next meeting with her.

This will probably be my project for next week.... 

3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

cute pig quilt and nice of you to try to repair it-
I hate waiting for my iron to heat up--and then discover that I didn't turn it on!!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

A whole quilt of pigs - I bet that's cute! So nice of you to fix it for her!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah what a cute block. How sweet that you are going to repair the quilt for your friend especially since it was made by her aunt. Have a great day, Deb.