Thursday, September 7, 2023

Progress....

 You are going to be sick of this quilt soon, but I'm on a roll! I got in the car on Wednesday afternoon and saw this temp! Ok, it was 101 but I had the door open for a bit while I put the waters into the holders and put the windows down. Yes, I have a lot of miles on this 9 year old car! 


I was able to do some frogging of the blocks while waiting for school to let out. I laid out the blocks when I got home. We won't mention I had to think a bit with this process!



Today I was busy sewing them into pairs and sections....



until they were all sewn together. After I pressed it, I had to fix 2 seams. Yup, it got put into time out since the blocks were not finishing at the same size! Sigh. I made it work.



After dinner (Sams roaster chicken, bag of mashed potato, brown gravy and a green leaf salad), I did add a 2 inch strip of the new cream to the outside. I'll add the blue border on Saturday. I think it is about 52x60 now but I have not really measured it.  I seem to have a meeting for girl scout events tomorrow night and then I'll pop to the football game and see the halftime show.

The dog was snoozing in with Greg in his den Wednesday night, so I closed the door and opened the master bedroom door where the cats live. Ollie came right out and sat evaluating the situation about 2 feet from the door. He even jumped up on my recliner and wandered into the sewing room! Peanut got carried out by Emily and he scampered right back into the bedroom but sat in the doorway looking at me. Progress! I went in to spend some time with them later and immediately got a Peanut on my chest and Ollie pulls up the end of the bed. 






3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm happy to see that quilt whenever you share your progress! It's a pretty one, and looks like it's coming together nicely. Sorry about that heat, though - ugh!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wish I had a Sam's really close to me to pick up a prepared meal now and then - but over an hour away no sense in doing that. The quilt is looking good - one day soon it will cool off I'm sure - it just can't come fast enough.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my almost another quilt top finished--good for you!!
and progress on the kitties--always nice.
I get the Rot. chicken at Publix's they have one that is plain, but roasted and I cut it all off--freeze some--in fact last night I pulled a bag out and had a nice sandwich for supper with it!!
Wonder what 'Lee' is going to do--everyone thinks it's nothing to worry about for us here--but--I've lived here long enough to know--'you never know' what a hurricane is going to turn or where it is going--until--it's gone!!!
hugs, di