Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tuesday

 Monday was a long day and not a single stitch was stitched!

Greg left with the kids in the morning around 7:20 and he did not get home until after 8:30PM last night. He had a very long day. His Dad had a procedure or two before a late afternoon surgery to break down and remove most of the stone in his kidney. A stint is in place for the remaining bits to flow out. This morning, he is in no pain, which is a good thing. He will have a bit of a recovery to get his strength back, but he is in good hands.

Turns out, Greg did not tell the kids what was going on with his Dad while I was gone! They are updated now. I got the kid pickup and errand running yesterday after a crazy day at work. On the way back from getting Emily we saw this beautiful sunset. I pulled over to get this shot.

Then we got a text from Aidan asking when the heck we were getting home! It was after 7:30 and I left to get her for a 6:40 pick up. We did hit Doller Tree to get a poster board she needed for school today and Publix to get a few things.

Turns out.... the chickens escaped their area and he had just fixed the zip tie they undid and secured it before getting them all back where they belonged. 

I forgot to bring the headphones with wires to listen to my audio book on the plane, so I quickly hit the store before boarding Thursday and grabbed this book to read on the plane. It has been forever since I have read an actual book - audio books while driving or doing things around the house are the only way I can read lately. It was nice to hold a book in my hands. This is a really good book too. I'd recommend it. I am about halfway through.


4 comments:

Julierose said...

Gosh, re-entry is always difficult--but all that is going on it must be even more so for you all...hope all goes well with FIL's recovery...Will look up that book thanks for the tip hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Glad to hear that the FIL is better--
and why do animals like to escape--don't they know they are safe inside the boundaries of the fence??? silly chickens!!
hugs, di

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I a so glad to hear your FIL is did well during his procedure and I wish him a very speedy recovery. You had a very busy day.

Chris said...

I much prefer to hold a paper book in my hands to tread rather than kindle or and audio book. I like to reread a line or two and underline things. I have ben reading the Elm Creek Quilts series this week. I listen to music on flights if there are no movies to watch.