Friday, September 8, 2023

Civil War Love Letters is a Quilt Top!

This quilt is 60x72... I think. I added a little bigger border with the blue cut at 4.5 inches instead of 3.5. There was 2 yards on the bolt so I just got both instead of the one yard I was thinking. I have plenty for the binding if I don't go with a dark blue :). 

Sorry for the bad photo - I was kinda excited when it was done tonight. My meeting got changed to a Zoom meeting.... so I got more time in the sewing room to get this to a top. This turned out much better than I expected. I'm a happy camper.



8 comments:

Chris said...

Way to go! It looks wonderful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Look at that! It's beautiful, Deb. That blue is perfect for the border!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Aww, your Civil War Love Letters quilt...I think, is now a beautiful flimsy. How wonderful to get this one to this stage and yes, kudos to you for knowing exactly where it was hiding. The blue definitely suits the time too. Triple digits temp is high!!

scraphappy said...

What a great finish! So much effort went into this one. Those are always the best finishes.

Jenny said...

Well done, looks like a lot of tricky piecing went into making those blocks.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Woot Woot! Great top, with so many interesting blocks all playing their part! Doesn't it feel great to get this far?

Ray and Jeanne said...

What a great top! It looks wonderful - the blues look great. ~Jeanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on having another top ready for sandwiching and quilting, Deb!!!