Monday, September 4, 2023

September omg




 I am in a Ravelry Quarterly UFO club where we are encouraged to pull out those UFO's hiding away in the house and get them finished. I have a huge list of UFO's in various places and have a lot of them listed on my Summer UFO list. This stack of blocks are on the list and as I was looking it over I kept going back to this one. I made these one a week back in 2014 from the Civil War Love Letter Quilt.

I went digging in the drawer and pulled out a pile. Do I get credit for knowing exactly where these were? I figured I'd add some cream sashing to them, but it turns out I had already added something to 2 sides. I laid them out and was missing one.... so I went looking in the drawer and found another stack of them! I laid out the ones with the partial sashing. One just has one cream sash on one side. Do you think I still have any of that blue for the cornerstones.... or the cream fabric? I did a quick search and darned if I can find any! Well, I did find one strip of the cream but not enough. None of the blue. Sigh.

 I'm pretty sure I got both at Joann's so I will be heading there Monday with a few of the blocks to see if I can find that shade of blue grey and the creamy floral white print for the sashing. Wish me luck! There were a few more blocks that were not the right size, so they will be added to the back I guess. My goal this month, is to get this quilt finished and quilted and bound. Nearly 10 years... I think it is time to get this one done!


I'll link up with the One Monthly Goal Challenge over at Stories from the sewing room. 

Yes, I see the turned block =) I think there are Gremlins in the sewing area!

8 comments:

Julierose said...

That is such a pretty quilt--I am trying to get my UFO's done also. I have the big ones done --except for panels--and am working on smaller ones now...
Good luck at JoAnnes finding your colors...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I know where the few ufo's are that I have and don't know if I will ever get around to finishing them - I keep saying maybe one day

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Ooh, that is a pretty bunch of blocks! It definitely looks like a good one for your OMG. Hope you can find what you need to finish off the sashing and cornerstones!

Anonymous said...

I would take the sashing and cornerstone pieces on the outsides of column 1 and row 1. You could use one of the sashings and one of the cornerstones to fill in the missing ones. The sashings and cornerstones would only be between the blocks and not around the outside of the blocks. You could still do another border the same width of the sashings in a another complimentary fabric, and then follow with other borders if you want.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

All of the blocks look amazing Deb. It is going to be a gorgeous quilt. Good luck on finding the fabrics that you need. Have a lovely week and happy quilting.

Anonymous said...

In my comment above, I meant to say I would take the sashing strips and cornerstones OFF of the blocks on the left side of column 1 and off the top side of row 1. The sashing strips and cornerstones will then only be in the interior of the quilt. It will look like you planned it that way.

Deb A said...

I can't respond directly as you are anonymous without a email to send to, but thank you for the idea! I really do appreciate it.

Anne-Marie said...

Good luck with your goal and your shopping trip!