Sunday, September 10, 2023

Sunday Slow Stitching

 I just checked back on last Sunday's post, and I've hand quilted 3 of the Frosty's this week! That means I just have 3 to go. I really need to mark the last 3 with their cross hatching. I doubt I'll have them done for next Sunday, as I am traveling to Vermont later this week for a Wedding. It will be a very quick trip - 2 flying days and 2 days up there. I'm looking forward to seeing my family again and the cooler weather! 


This is the Frosty I finished yesterday, all the lines spritzed out. I do love how those lines look. I've always loved the look of cross hatching. I like the puzzle of creating a continuous line with the strand of thread I am working on. 

I was asked to be a facilitator at a girl scout Sisters Retreat next month. They have a baggie of squares available. I was originally thinking to show how to hand stitch a four patch and then make it into a quilt to donate somewhere. Instead, what about a take with project? So, I cut some 2.5 inch squares and hand stitched them into a block, then a bit of leftover batting and a larger back that I folded in half and then again onto the front. This is how I did the individual hexagons. I need to work on it a bit and come up with an instruction sheet to send with them. Mine finished as a 4.5 inch little coaster. We have a little under an hour time slot, and there are 3 options of things to do at my rotation. A self led t-shirt weaving (story weaving), the quilting and then a nail art.
I hear one of the other facilitators is making sure her session is opposite my session so she can attend. I got morning, she is afternoon. No pressure there!


 
I'm travelling light with just a purse and carry on, so the hand work for the travel days will need to be small. I think some counted cross stitch maybe? I also need to get a few kitchen towels for Mom and make them into the little crochet tops so she can hang new ones from the oven in the kitchen. It is hard to find the old ones and I dislike the new microfiber ones.

Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun in Vermont I remember the last time you had a hurricane to deal with and flooding by the boat dock.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the cross-hatching on your Frosties, too! Looks like it's going well. Great idea for the Girl Scout retreat project. That's the perfect to make the binding quickly and easily. Have a fun trip!

Angela said...

Have fun with the girl scouts!

Canuck Quilter said...

I love the hanh quilted cross hatching. It's perfect for your snowmen stitcheries. Enjoy your visit with family and the cooler weather!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Frosties is looking amazing, Deb. You were very productive this past week. I can not thank you enough for stitching the little guys. The little coaster will be a great project for the Girl Scout Retreat. I look forward to hearing how it goes. Have a wonderful and safe trip and enjoy your visit.