Thursday, September 28, 2023

Thursday....

I got a bit of stitching done. I might need a day off to rest my 'push' middle finger on my right hand. We will see how I feel tonight when I sit down in my recliner. I finished the stitching on this block.

 



I moved the hoop a couple of times last night and got a quarter of this block done. 

Updates of the 'Dad's'.
My father is doing well. He had a minor heart attack and is now off those meds No damage noted and he is doing well. He is waiting on a bed at another facility to do a heart catheter where they expect they will add a stint. He got bumped down the list this morning as someone needs it more and is waiting for a bed. I'm taking that as a positive that he is stable and in good hands now and will get the procedure as soon as they are able. We are hopeful for tomorrow. My siblings are taking shifts and getting my Mom up there.

My Father in Law finally got transferred to another hospital where they could do his procedure to check on his internal bleeding. They did the upper GI yesterday and found a stomach ulcer which they are treating. Unfortunately, his hemoglobin levels are still dropping so he is prepping today for a lower GI procedure tomorrow. 

The dog was oh so happy when we got home around noon. After a quick lunch, I did give him a walk before I did a little research on the computer. The dog is passed out at my feet on his quilt sleeping like a baby. 
I should go run errands.... but I think I'll go visit blogs instead. I'm going to pull from the pantry/freezer for dinner and make chicken chili with corn bread. It is an overcast day in Florida, and I feel like some cornbread slathered with butter!

The kids cooked a big salmon on the grill on Saturday night. Yuck! I don't like salmon, but they finished it all over a few days. Monday was meatloaf and baked potato. Tuesday was leftovers. Last night I did rosemary roasted potato and pulled some pre cooked pork schnitzel out of the freezer. 







4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope the fathers continue to improve and that FIL will do well with his surgery. Sounds like your dad is doing better to be bumped on the list - salmon sounds good :)

Julierose said...

Glad that the prognoses are good for your Dad and FIL. Gosh both at the same time--who would have ever expected that? right. Just hope you can get some rest with all this going on. Sending good thoughts for the best outcomes...
Your block looks so great all quilted--lovely work!! Hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Glad to hear the update on the Dad's--
and the dog walking--
and the quilting--
and --sorry but I love salmon--fresh salmon that is!!
I made a list of ufo's today--oh my--am I in trouble!!!!!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty design on your bear paws! Sounds your dad is doing good, and things are getting figured out for your FiL. Lots to keep track of! Chicken chili sounds yummy!