Sunday, September 24, 2023

Slow Sunday stitching

 I'm happy to report a finish this week! These blocks got their cross hatching hand quilted this week.


This is the finished quilt! 


Time to go back to the bear paw quilt. I had plans to add some stitches in this last night, but after a busy Saturday, I took a hot bath and was in bed by 9! I'll add some stitches in today.


The busy day Saturday - was a very early start to get to a girl scout leaders house for 8, to put up the temporary lending library. We are waiting on permission to place at the lake less than a mile from her house. This is the girls Silver Award.

We got done earlier than expected, so we got Emily the black belt needed for her band concert Tuesday night. Then a breakfast at Bob Evans. 
Off to horses, where she got a private lesson again this week since Kyra is still feeling poorly from a bout of Covid.

Once home, I spent a bunch of time outside in the 'cooler' temps. We did have to bury one of the chickens. Something got in and got one of the reds, Miss Ivy. One of the friendly ones of course! Some patching with zip ties to close up gaps and hopefully, whatever got in won't get in again!
Then it was time to work on the weed filled area we call the garden. It is time to prep for fall planting, so I was busy pulling weeds. I can feel it today too! I still need to do the small grass and then run the tiller through and add the sun shade back up. It was taken down for the Idialia.

I have hopes to pin a quilt for machine quilting today, but a visit to my FIL in the hospital comes first after Grandma (my hubby's parents have been divorced since he was 6!) comes to take the kids for the day. She has yard work for them to help out with.

Bits of stitching will get squeezed in during the day.







10 comments:

Angela said...

I love your snowman quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice finish on the quilt! I like the little lending library - I have seen some of those on line but never around where I live although they have a couple of these small "houses" built that they put non-perishables in for anyone that needs to take.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the snowman quilt finish! I love it! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful finish on the snowman quilt. So sorry about Miss Ivy.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So happy to see the Frosties finished and hanging up! The bear paw quilt is going to be a beautiful one, too. That's such a neat project for the Girl Scouts - I love Little Free Libraries! Hope your FiL is continuing to get better. Have a good Sunday!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh poor miss Ivy!!!
nice snowmen finish--and yes--if there's any energy left--you can do a happy dance!!
I see there still is some storm systems in the Atlantic that are brewing!???
hugs, di

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on the finish! That cross hatch quilting was perfect for the embroidery blocks! ENjoy the bear paw stitching!

Julierose said...

Congratulations on a lovely "Frosty" finish!! such a pretty quilt! I like those bear paws too...Nice works hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh poor Ivy. I am so sorry that happened, Deb. We have had similar experiences when we had chickens. Your Frosty quilt looks amazing! I am over the moon to see your finish . Thank you for stitching it and I hope you enjoyed every stitch. Your bear paw quilt is beautiful. Enjoy your evening. Hugs

CathieJ said...

Your Frosty quilt looks fantastic. You had quite a busy day. So sorry about Miss Ivy. I look forward to seeing the quilting on the bear paw quilt. Enjoy your stitching.